So I was given a some constructive criticism from a beta who's opinion I value greatly. She was not a fan of my original prologue for one of my books. I redid it with the suggestions she gave me. After several drafts, trying out different concepts, I finally had something I thought was acceptable. Unfortunately, I am still in love with my first idea. This is where you come in! Tonight I am posting both prologues for said book. I want to put it to a vote. If you could please read both versions posted below. Then, either leave the coinciding letter in the comments below or on the Facebook post that brought you to this page. You may also leave any comments or critique you may have below. The comments are not published unless I approve them, so if you would rather them not be visible please specify. Here We GO!!!!! A Two years prior I climb into the limousine that the funeral home provides for the grieving fami...
The first kiss is always a difficult scene to write. You want it to be epic and memorable, but the timing has to be perfect. For this book I wanted all of these things. ALL OF THEM!! This weeks post is a little more NSFW then my norm. But with a muse like Tyler Halligan, a person tends to get carried away. Hope you enjoy this weeks excerpt form Relentless Heart. *** A small hand grips my arm as she rides me, her head thrown back, leaving her neck and tits exposed, gloriously bouncing in front of me. Her eyes meet mine, dark orbs of desire, caressing me with their powerful stare. “Ty wake up.” Her hands shake my shoulders, jarring my euphoria.” Ty?” My eyes snap open and I see Maggie’s face. Her hair is a mane of tangles, sticking up wildly in all directions. It is the sexiest thing I have ever seen. Maggie’s hands are settled on the bed on either side of my head, her body pressed firmly against mine. My arm is wrapped around her back, fingers cl...
(I have zero rights to this picture, and am in no way profiting from its use.) Hi All, I know it is Wednesday but in honor of the beautiful Shannon Leto's birthday I decided to launch my new format today. I came to the conclusion I am giving too much away in my writing, by sharing pieces of my books weekly. I thought that maybe I could do something special for just my blog readers. My idea is called A picture is worth a Thousand Words..which is pretty self explanatory, I will choose a photo and write a thousand word story about it...What do you think?? Here is your first Short, based on the above image. Enjoy! ***** Happenstance I get off the light rail train at the station just a few blocks away from my Minneapolis condo. The streets are barren, and devoid of life, as most are in their homes hiding from the biting cold. My phone tells me it is midnight as I start down the sidewalk toward my lower level walk out on the northeast side of the ...
Comments
Post a Comment